How to take good care of your teeth at home
There are three essential steps to perfected dental home care to maintain your beautiful set of teeth and good oral health. Reviewing these steps with your dentist is great to make sure you keep a good daily practice of caring for your teeth.
First, brushing your teeth daily is one of the most essential steps to dental home care including brushing in the morning, and at night before you go to bed.
- Brush on all angles of the teeth, including the inner, outer and top surfaces.
- Gently brush your gums and teeth in small, soft circular motions to keep your bristles on the gums.
- One tip is to use the top of your brush to clean the insides of your front teeth, top and bottom.
- To keep fresh breath, make sure to brush your tongue to remove any bacteria.
Second, flossing daily will be your key to success when maintaining your dental hygiene. It cleans between the gum lines and prevents plaque build up in the process.
- Using a foot of dental floss, wrap the ends on both hand’s leaving some space to use to floss *usually 3 inches.
- By wrapping around each tooth, in a “U” shape, move the floss up and down between each tooth to ensure full coverage of flossing.
Call us or make an appointment online. Have your teeth cleaned by a trusted Naperville dentist, Dr. Prasad Gonavarum.