Our Affordable Dental Services
For Exceptional Dental Services Naperville, Visit Our Naperville Dental Center
The job of the dentist and his team is concerned with the maintenance and restoration of dental health. You can go to your dentist for all kinds of reasons but typically, the dental services that are carried out in the dental office are preventive, corrective or therapeutic in nature. They are meant to prevent the onset of disease to be able to preserve the healthy condition of the mouth; they could be prescribed to receive corrective treatment for malformations, misalignments and other kinds of conditions related to growth and development of the teeth and jaw; and there are procedures that are supposed to address specific dental problems involving disease, fractures and so forth.
- Basic Dental Services: These are procedures that are more preventive in nature. They are regularly received by patients and are indicated for young and old patients. Under this classification, you have dental cleaning, sealant application and fluoride.
- Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics: These procedures involve the restoration of teeth that has been destroyed by a fracture, decay or other reasons. It can be a restorative filling, a denture fabrication and the installation of crowns and bridges.
- Pediatric Dentistry: These are procedures indicated for younger patients. Deciduous teeth are a lot different from permanent teeth so their needs are different too.
- Orthodontics: This is the field of dentistry that is focussed on the treatment of the misalignment and malposition of teeth on the jaw, through removable or fixed appliances.
- Endodontics: When a tooth is beyond normal restoration, a pulp therapy is required and endodontics involves the different pulp treatments that a tooth can receive to deal with infection.
- Periodontics: This involves the care that patients receive in order to preserve and restore the health of their periodontium (gums, periodontal ligaments, cementum and alveolar bone). This determines the stability of the teeth within the bone.
- Oral Surgery: Basic oral surgery involves the removal of teeth, but when the tooth is impacted or embedded within the bone, an odontectomy is prescribed. There are other surgical procedures that can be performed by an oral surgeon.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: These are dental services that focus on the esthetic needs of patients. Teeth whitening, dental veneers, and Invisalign are examples of cosmetic procedures.